February 3, 2007

Konichiwa!

Traveled to Japan for a week for work. Stayed in Shinagawa, a prefecture of Tokyo. Loved it. Some of the things I noticed - everyone is overly polite, crowded is an understatement, the amazing buzz of the city, the most delicious sushi I've ever had, almost all the women are knock-kneed, and incredible ancient architecture amidst ultra-modern buildings.

It was hilarious when everyone automatically spoke Japanese to me, only to hear me respond in English. To confuse customs even more, they couldn't understand why this Japanese looking, English speaking woman lives in Germany!

Here's just a few photos I took in the little time that I had off. I will definitely go back to visit and enjoy a holiday there one day.
T
http://picasaweb.google.com/Mike.Canadianexpat/Japan